View Single Post
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 10:59   #8
Genghis
Genghis

Hi Patrick

I bought a fairly highly specced XC90 around a year ago and certainly have not regretted it. On this forum (like all others) you tend to hear about problems with cars as people search for help you don't really get many people writing a thread stating all is fine with their car

I've had zero problems with mine so can't really comment on costs for repairs. However when it is out of it's manufacturer's warranty I will most likely run straight down to the nearest Volvo Dealership and buy an extended warranty - on any cars these day fixes cost a forture so (I have a friend whom has BMW's and he has had some real issues with the costs the dealers charge him). I don't know how Volvo are compared to BMW/Mercedes/Lexus/Audi but presume they are all similar-ish.

I knew before I bought the car that the fuel economy wouldn't be great and promised myself not to go on about it.....but around the town it's isn't great and I do tend to get somewhat annoyed when it's empty and costs a fortune to fill up - however if you are worried about fuel economy then a 4*4 will not be for you. In saying that I have an extremely heavy right foot and I don't really do a lot of miles so the fuel economy does not bother me. I get mid to late 20's in town and mid-30's on the motorway - though this tends to be around 32 mpg when I don't stick to the speed limit.

Overall I have two kids - I think the car is brilliant - I love driving it - I've had zero problems with it (bar the key fob failed the other day for around 1 hour apparently that might be due to WiFI and other wireless things) and if I am ever unluckly enough to be in a road accident with my children then I now I am safer in my car compared to the previous smaller cars I've had.

Out of interest I didn't buy mine brand new but it was about 8 months old with 6,000 on the clock - the volvo website is quite and also a few of the non-official volvo dealerships are excellent (I got mine from Hampton Court which is a non-office dealer) - they were absolutely brillant and I would use them again.
Genghis is offline   Reply With Quote