View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 19:38   #7
Euroboy

Seems like you have a few different issues here...
I have the same engine. What ignition do you have ?

The misfire could be due to worn out ignition parts. I have the same problem, im doing a complete ignition overall, I'll tell ya if it did anything.

As for the pressure thing, you absolutely need a K Jet pressure test kit. Its around a 100 bucks but can be made for cheaper.

K Jet heavily rely on fuel pressure to work well.

You should also check the injector seals. If they have never been replaced/you don't know, its a good idea to change them. They are quite cheap, just be careful with the injector holders.

I have the same issues as you do with my car but I can't help much for now as I need to finish my 123Ignition conversion.

After that I'll dig deeper down into my K Jet. Im also adding a pump switch to prime the system *before* putting the key in the ignition position, switch I'll run for a few sec before startup to pressurize the thing and flush away deposit. Its an easy addon so might be worth it as well. I'll update on that too.

edit (cuz I forgot) : I have the same misfire issue but no leak at all. I do have a strong gas smell up to the metering plate with heavy deposit, which shouldnt happen really. I suspect my injectors are leaky... I will be able to test that with my pump switch + gently pulling up the metering plate. These mechanical injectors can get clogged, they have a small filter screen built in, it can be back flushed tho (Mercedes guys do it on their K Jets)

Hope this can help somehow

Last edited by Euroboy; Nov 19th, 2019 at 19:41.
Euroboy is offline   Reply With Quote