View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2018, 18:07   #34
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymitch View Post
Update: The breakdown service managed to get the alternator belt replaced on Tuesday evening using the old belt I mentioned from the boot as a temporary stopgap.

I'm driving the vehicle to the garage tomorrow where I'll ask them to see if there's an underlying cause for the belt to come off (other than an old belt). I reckon I'll have problems getting hold of the OEM belts at short notice, but I may come back myself later and replace the belts with OEM ones

Fingers crossed that between the meths and the replaced sensor the car starts first time tomorrow morning
Have you driven it since adding the meths? I've just renewed the CTS on mine because of lumpy running when hot and warming up (no cold start problem because of the sensor, just flat spots) and it's made life a lot better.

Do you know if the garage reset the fault code memory after renewing the sensor?

Should be able to get belts fairly easily from Volvo but not sure where the Volvo dealer would be in Cambridge. I normally go to Hylton Gott just outside Downham Market. Might be worth a phone call there to see if they have them, they're usually happy to post small/light parts. Speak to Paul in the Parts Dept 01366 383352 (tell him a bloke with a Volvo, a Rover but no combine harvester recommended him and the garage) and see what he comes up with.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote