View Single Post
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 12:27   #4
Jerry1975

Cool

Hi there,

Wow, thanks for the prompt responses

T5R92011 - Yeah, I did look at some of these but they are a little out of my budget at this time

LizardofBodom - Good to hear positive news about the manual 'box and also the overall reliability of the engine. I was conscious that clutches/flywheels are likely to be an issue on higher mileage cars. Have you had to change yours yet?

I had a play with a 2010 model 1.6D R-Design the other day and it just had the AUX IN socket. I tried to play a CD with MP3s on it and it wouldn't read it, which I thought was a bit old fashioned

Sunroofs are great and its a shame most modern cars with air-con tend not to have them. To be fair the few I have looked at already don't have one either so I'll be sure to avoid them. Its a shame though, because a full panoramic roof on a V50 would look great.

The 1.6D I looked at only had the halogen headlamps and they didn't seem great. I'll deffo look out for Xenons where possible - Do you know if Xenons can be easily retro-fitted? Or are there any decent bulb upgrades that you can get if you just have the standard lights?

Also, Am I right in thinking that the 2.4 D5 has twin exhaust pipes (one at each side)?

Cheers,

J

Last edited by Jerry1975; Jan 24th, 2019 at 12:55.
Jerry1975 is offline   Reply With Quote