View Single Post
Old Jul 7th, 2019, 15:23   #4
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Thanks. It is pre facelift. I tried the fuse out for the radio and still set the rear windscreen wiper off. Could it be the earths then by the air intake? I must have knocked something when I changed the bulb.

I’m no mechanical engineer or electrician but can do common sense stuff so helpful for any ideas. Thank you again.
When i said unplug the radio, i did in fact mean unplug it - it's possible there's something in it linking something together when it shouldn't.

You should have the twin filament bulb if it's pre-facelift in your DRL/sidelight, are you sure you fitted it the right way round? The pins are at different heights for this reason and if it was a struggle to get it into the bulb holder, it might be in the wrong way round.
However, it won't necessarily cause the problems you've got.

Check that earth point as you suggest for any loose, disconnected or dirty connections. Also check ALL the fuses, even seemingly unrelated fuses. There is a backfeed somewhere, why/how remains to be seen.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: