View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 09:42   #14
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz88 View Post
Thanks for the advice much appreciated. I will do that tomorrow and see what it comes up with again I only have a launch 431. But just out of curiosity how does the car know that the ECU key and the CEM and the steering lock and the clocks are not out of the same car when all the parts are from a running Donner car. How can my car still tell is there another unit that's coded to the car?
I cant answer that for sure, I know it seem illogical as you are ultimately replacing thew whole "nervous system" but still - take all additional components that are visible&communicative trough VIDA - most of them require car-coding, like radio, BCM or even steering control unit. Some of those carry VIN+parameters information, when you swap critical parts like CEM and ECU from donor, those parts are trying to communicate to rest of the car but doesnt find matching components, maybe thats why such frankenstein wont work. Bear in mind, P1 is very complicated as for its age and almost every component is somehow comunicating to CEM. Also, most usual answer for a questions on swapping parts is "it has to be coded in dealership", hence all the issues I guess.