Thread: dratted fuse 5
View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 12:31   #2
chesters6
Master Member

Default addendum to "dratted fuse 5"

can a mod tag this to my post "dratted fuse 5" in the articles section please...

Having had the odd problem with the wipers fuse also either being reluctant to work or not working at all until fuse 2 was rotated (not so easy in driving rain alone in the car) i decided to use another section of the new fusebox to circumvent this fuse as well.

not quite as simple though if you just forge ahead as i did .

the proceed is exactly the same a lead from the feed and the joining of any wires being used on the fuse outputs and these leads going to the new fusebox

The feed was the usual one as used in the fuse 5 scenario BUT after using the feed on the wiper alternative fuse i discovered several things now refused to work later on
Silly me the main feed actually feeds the top 3 fuses they are joined somewhere not obvious in the confines of the foot well!

Anyway not the end of the world i simply cut of the male spade used to connect to the feed as in fuse 5's workaround ,plugged the original feed back into fuse 2's rear connector and attached a fully insulated female crimp connector to the wire going to the new fusebox and plugged it into the empty feed tab on fuse 3 .I had to get my head around this linking of the feeds in sainsbury car park after returning to a misted up car and discovering the heater fan now longer worked!

anyway i have decided to completely remove the old fusebox in the new year ,i managed to source a very nice 12 fuse box from fleabay and with the 4 fusebox i already have will do nicely.On looking at the manual theres several fuses with the same feeds so some thought will have to be made how to join them safely in the new version.

i will post this total upgrade with a few pictures once i get around to it ,hopefully (not measured it yet) the new fuseboxes will fit directly in the space the old one is in but i expect my luck will be the usual easy gone hard scenario
The Following User Says Thank You to chesters6 For This Useful Post: