View Single Post
Old Jan 27th, 2020, 14:37   #2
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul78 View Post
Took my V50 in for a free health check at the dealer and it was noted that the front offside spring is not seated in the cup properly.

It’s had new springs recently before my ownership.

Any thoughts? Got a warranty with the car so can hopefully claim on that and get the job sorted.

(Edit, I should add it drives OK, but it was pointed out they are not Volvo springs and hence they are not sitting as flush as they should do in the cup).
Use Google. But tbh if they are the wrong springs you should go back to the garage and have it rectified under warranty. After market parts is one thing. Incorrectly specified parts that don't fit is something else altogether. If the spring is able to move in the seat, likely the whole strut assembly isnt aligned quite right. even if it drives okay it could be putting incorrect/imbalanced pressure on other parts of the strut assembly, meaning your top mounts or other bits may fail prematurely.

I fitted aftermarket bilstein shocks and eibach springs. All fit together like a glove, nice and tight no play in top mounts or spring seats.

Having said all this, can you provide a picture? I assume they are talking about the bottom spring seat on the strut? Could just be an incorrectly installed spring
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote