View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2012, 21:04   #11
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder View Post
Thank you CLassicwede and hids4u, it's not often you can chat with people that have an informed and intelligent view on this subject, all to often people post hearsay and focus on problems but loose sight of the fact most if not all of these can be overcome, taking me on to the lean burning of LPG , or rather the control of the LPG that hids4u has chated about, in both of your views which one of the manufactures have the best control of the fuel and why?
P.S. CLassicwede that link was really good!!!!
The fuel control is a mixture of the system and the installer.

As to what systems have problems and which ones are best I would rather discuss via phone or email.

The main issue is the installer. Here is a list of many of the popular mistakes that I see from other installers including many that are supposed to be teh best.
1) poorly adjusted map and wrong settings in the ECU.
2) injector nozzles mounted half way up the inlet manifold
3) wrong type/size injectors fitted
4) vaccume line T'd into an existing line or tapped into a single runner in teh manifold.
5) Y joing on V engines fitted wrongly starving one bank of fuel

That is just the sort of mistakes that cause running problems, there are many more that I see that would be considered unsafe like poorly secured tanks and fuel lines held to the brake lines with zip ties!

The biggest consideration should be the installer then the kit.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote