View Single Post
Old Jul 6th, 2021, 20:51   #1
Andrioman

Default Volvo V70 BiFuel CNG strange"Push/pulls"

Greetings!
I own Volvo V70 2.4 BiFuel CNG 2006 automatic. I have it for almost 5 years now and overall I am extremely happy with the car!
However, I have a problem for some time and for 2 months now I have not been able to find out what is happening.
My car push/pulls(I'm not sure how to describe it) hard when I drive it out of town, especially after 80km/h, but the strange thing is that on the highway at speeds above 120km/h there are no problems. However, I don't think that the problem is related to a specific speed, because at a lower speed (for example 60km/h), but uphill it still does it. The problem only exists when I drive it on methane CNG! When I switch to petrol, it continues to do so, but after about 3-4 km of driving, the problem disappears and if I drive it only on petrol, it does not reappear at all, but if I switch it to methane again, it starts push/pulling again. It is interesting that in my city I drive it absolutely normally on methane, without troubles (but I do not exceed 60km/h).
The things I have done so far, but without any difference in the performance of the engine are:
1) Almost complete prevention of the evaporator and the Distributor (I already know it by heart, because over the years I have learned how to fix it myself). I have replaced the o-rings of the evaporator, as well as the membrane I ordered from Poland - complete repair kit ...
I also cleaned the Distributor (according to instructions from this forum) and re-soldered the solders on the stepper motor, because I had troubles 2 years ago...

2) I replaced the spark plugs with original ones - no change ..., then I ordered iridium ones, which are still on the car, but again without any difference in the performance of the bike.

3) I bought a brand new original Bosch coil (my original ones are Bosch) and tested it out of town on all 5 cylinders, but again without any difference ...

A mechanic told me that it could possibly be from the lambda probe (Oxygen sensor)and that it should be tested, but if it is the probe, shouldn't it also cause me a problem on gasoline?

Is there a colleague who has encountered a similar problem?
Or someone with an idea of ​​what it could be?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Andrioman; Jul 6th, 2021 at 20:54.
Andrioman is offline   Reply With Quote