Thread: V70 Body/Trim: - Tailgate lock seems jammed
View Single Post
Old Nov 10th, 2019, 14:05   #1
dfree

Default Tailgate lock seems jammed

Can anyone help me please. I have a 2004 V70 and that tailgate wont open. Having read through lots of threads I have checked the relays and they are fine, the solenoid is operating normally, the tailgate is closed and I can't open it, I have removed the rear trim (although I had to smash it to get it off) so the inside of the tailgate is now visible.

The handle operating lever is working and the rod is pushing down on top of the small black block that releases the lock. I've tried pushing down on the black block with a screwdriver to see if it needed to be moved a bit further to release the catch but that doesn't work. When I operate the handle I can hear the lock release and when I push on the tailgate towards the closed position I can hear the catch re-engage so I hear a click when I operate the handle and a click when the gate is pushed inward but the tailgate just wont budge. All the wiring I can see is in good condition but that is only the wiring I can see with the gate closed. Thanks.
dfree is offline   Reply With Quote