View Single Post
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 09:56   #2
Triple-S
How Old?

That would be nice, Brock, but somehow I doubt it. I tried at a Southern BKV a few years ago, and just 4 of us turned up: a few years before we got 5 (from memory) at Popham Airfield SBKV.
BKV attendance is a funny thing: there are far more P1800s around these days, a very fashionable car. However, there were more Volvo 140/164 series cars at the 2017 BKV than P1800s - and it wasn't a wet day so no excuse there.
Agreed it should be publicised in the VOC magazine but from observation my conclusion is that very few classic Volvo Owners are genuinely as enthusiastic as say Mini owners. I'm not a Mini owner but friends are: they bubble with enthusiasm and ring around beforehand so as to arrive at events in convoy as if all part of one huge family. Whilst I know most VOC 140 and 164 show-ers, who are all as keen, that doesn't mean all owners are allowed to scupper any plans to the contrary their cars (!) or family may have. Perhaps that implies Mini owners are not family people?
Brock - bearing your enquiry in mind, have you got your 164 running yet? Acc to my records it is the oldest UK survivor, beating one of my cars by just a few on my VIN chart.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote