View Single Post
Old Dec 21st, 2018, 09:22   #6
iandoot

The problem is that when things go wrong, and sadly they seem to go wrong quite often with my car, the component costs appear to be expensive. I am in my second year of extended warranty. In the first year I had an aircon compressor failure that needed to be replaced. At the time my warranty cost £480 for the year and this work cost in excess of £1,200. Hopefully I get my headlight issue resolved, these works will again be over £1,200.

Despite the problems I am having, the idea of paying out £1,200 sends shivers down my spine and personally i'm not prepared to take the risk of not being covered.

I purchased the Volvo warranty thinking it would offer greater cover than some of the other providers out there but this now does not appear to be the case. The only benefit I can see with the Volvo warranty is that when something goes wrong, and it is covered, Volvo sort it all out rather than you having to make a claim.