View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 18:12   #1
timaaeee

Default V60 door lock actuator replacement

hi guys,

I have a problem on my 2013 V60 where the drivers door is not unlocking with the remote. It started failing intermittently a few weeks ago and has gradually got worse (maybe due to the cold weather) to the point where now I have to press the keyfob about 10 times before it unlocks although once it is successful it then works fine until the car is left locked for a few hours then it fails again. I can hear the mechanism trying to work unsuccesfully so I suspect it is mechanical rather than electrical although I wouldn't rule that out.

I found this useful video on youtube showing a full tear down to replace the spring and motor in the actuator unit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIZmJFqoDKk
and although it would be a long job I have done stuff like this before so I'm tempted to give it a go rather than pay the £385 my local garage want to replace the unit.

So I was wondering
a) has anyone else encountered/fixed this issue themselves before?
b) where can I get a used replacement lock assembly in case I need one? I spoke to the dealers who wanted £215+vat, they gave me the code 31349861 however searching online for this I can't find a used one anywhere in the uk, surely they can't be that rare or is there another equivalent product code?

thanks!
Tim
timaaeee is offline   Reply With Quote