Thread: General: - New Resto-mod XC90 Project
View Single Post
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 15:07   #19
kylespk

Default Poly Engine Mounts

Since I was checking a pipe on the car I decided now would be the best time to return to the £5k+ list from the steelership and tackled the engine mounts.

I know there is a lot of debate about using Poly instead of rubber and I have started to poly my bushes despite the warning of increased vibration.

I have now done the top and bottom mount. Soon I will do the torque Mounts and the frame bushings in a few days but having done half of it here is my verdict:

First, yes my mounts were SHOT! The top mount had a LOT of play in it though still serviceable. I just cut out the rubber to get the bush removed and Powerflex Diesel (yellow) mount was easy to install.

The bottom mount...well....yeah it was so gone that the small hole had no bush in it whatsoever!

Again, nothing the home Mechanic cant tackle so it was on in no time. *I cant believe the stealership wanted to charge me £500+ for the replacement.

OK so The vibration noise at idle is RIDICULOUS! Its quite intrusive in sound but the car is not vibrating any more than usual. I hope the noise is just the poly settling in. Performance is noticeably different. Sharper, firmer, and smoother. I dont believe an XC90 should be at an idle and should be cruising so I am not that bothered by the idle vibration noise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_dsc_0451.jpg (250.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_dsc_0450.jpg (195.3 KB, 33 views)
kylespk is offline   Reply With Quote