View Single Post
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 22:37   #23
LPTJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
It would, yes, i was trying to save you having to reprogram the stereo and/or the alarm as well.
Good advice. You were right, pulled fuse 1 for a few minutes and viola, no more code....

Tonight I've hosed the rad through thoroughly, flushed the system though with two fills and drains of fresh water, fitted the new temp sensor (FAE item, although I do have a Bosch one en route), and then a final fill with deionised water and run the engine up to temp with the new sensor fitted for 15 mins or so...

So far running smooth and no warning light...Also, whilst warming up I had a good spray round all hoses with a can of easy start too with no change in engine note or speed...

We'll see how we get on tomorrow after a couple of more deionised water flushes, new thermostat fitted and a fill with fresh antifreeze.

In the unlikely event the car runs well and doesn't produce warning lights then it's job jobbed, if not then unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to borrow/buy/beg/steal/build my own diagnostics box *Finger crossed it doesn't come to that*
LPTJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LPTJoe For This Useful Post: