View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 13:02   #18
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Yes unfortuantely you DO!! I finally gave up butting my head against a brick wall of buck passing and "its got nowt to do with me!" attitudes. Sales manager at the selling dealership point blank refused to take calls from my solcitor after the 1st call and he found out who he was!! Stick your head in the sand and hope it goes away as my solicitor said! Same with VCUK who werent really that bothered to be honest despite the fact that it was them that supplied the car in such a poor condition in the 1st place. You have more rights in this country if you buy a 300 quid washing machine thats faulty than if you buy a 30-40k car. Something must be wrong there surely?? In the end I lost about 6k altogether (4k on the car and another 2k on solicitors fees) just so I could feel safe in a car and enjoy driving again!!

Thanks to the attitude of VCUK and the dealership I'll never again step through the showroom door to buy either one of their cars or trucks EVER again. (2 tractor units cancelled as soon as possible after all this started and several friends vowing never to buy their trucks again too) Wish I could afford to alienate customers as easily as Volvo seem to be willing and quite happy to do.