View Single Post
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 09:36   #7
froggyted
Master Member

Thanks, Chris, i don't think we've got any laundry gel (in fact i've never heard of it), but i'll have a root around in the cupboards.

All minor splashes have now been removed more or less 100%, it's just one larger splash that is proving stubborn. I think the worst thing you can do with this stuff is to rub it off whilst wet, it seems to just ingrain it into the plastic. Again, wiser after the event! Previously unnoticed minor splashes have wiped off quite easily, since the stuff seems to harden like t-cut or body polish.

I'm really not impressed with Halford's own brand products overall. I think Halfords lack major competition on the high street and feel they can sell mediocre quality products and get away with it. Their light bulbs have poor service life (even though one employee insists they are made by Bosch), their windscreen washer fluid leaves smears, and i've had countless other products over the years i've not been pleased with. One of the few products i've bought that i could recommend is a suction mounting phone holder, which i've mounted discreetly behind the floating console on my S40 and which, due to a flexible arm, holds my i-pod Touch neatly at the side of the console. I suppose i also had some nice microfibre cloths too.... but there's not much that can go wrong with them!
froggyted is offline   Reply With Quote