View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2020, 13:07   #5
sspaul121

Quote:
Originally Posted by CondorXC90 View Post
Just to be clear - have the garage offered parts and labour to repair the car? It wasn't 100% clear from your post - did you mean their compromise is labour (about £1000) and you pay for parts they source (about £2k)? As it reads that they have offered both.......in which case it appears as if they have offered to repair it at no charge to you and that would be best case scenario.

When arbitration services are involved it can be protracted....plus the pandemic will doubtless be blamed as well. You need to get to the end of the arbitration process and consider other options such as small claims court - the longer things drag on, the higher the possibility of the business closing (and re-emerging under a different name in the same place!) and your claim, even if upheld, going nowhere........
Thank you for responding.

In January I offered to pay half of the £3k bill for repairing the Cylinder head issue (£1k Lab & £2k parts).
So I would pay £1.5k and Trader contributes £1.5k. 50:50 split basically.
They declined.

The mediator went back to the Trader this week. The trader has now offered to cover the Labour only approx £1k and for me to supply the parts approx £2k.
sspaul121 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sspaul121 For This Useful Post: