View Single Post
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 08:25   #28
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaz'in View Post
Hi Cumbrian,

House mates eh? I can picture it perfectly, engine stands in the Kitchen, and conrods in the dishwasher...and naked women posters..drawn and drooled over everywhere.

Say did you guys put my cam on a full wash or just a rinse cycle..and go easy on the salt..

J
It did get a clean up in the sink with some Jizer but the dishwasher was full. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
...but in the entirely platonic sense

He makes the food and I fix the cars. At least that's supposed to be the arrangement. In practice, he makes the food and I make a mess

cheers

James
At least we are agreed on something

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
Just a piece of advice from someone who has experience of a 740 fitted with a 4-puck 228mm sintered clutch disc in a "dished" flywheel - to get more torque handling out of the smaller clutch...go with a 240mm organic clutch, whether dual-mass based, or solid. The 4-puck sintered disc works right enough, but it'd be better suited to a race car than one driven daily, especially in town. It gets a bit bitey when hot.
A bit bitey!?! It likes to spin the back wheel a bit on gravel at idle when the clutch engages. Something to go with the large heavy flywheel and a hot clutch with no give. It does hold a stupid amount of torque/power though which was the purposed it was fitted with.

I am planning to pull it out this winter when I swap in another m90 so we'll see what state it is in and how the standard flywheel is coping.