View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 15:45   #57
Army
marches on his stomach

Default Valentines day suprise!

Yesterday (Valentines Day) I got a letter! I got all excited thinking that ¨she´s finally found me!¨ but it wasn´t that at all...

...the letter was from the previous owner trying to flog me some spares (I had bought the car via a dealer remember?)...

...bought a replacement grill insert from him but the rest of the stuff wasn´t for me.

I managed to glean a bit of information from him though - the car has been more recently painted than I thought but it seems as though he wasn´t especially happy with the job. I got the feeling he was on a bit of a downer about the car after the paint job had been done.

I´m still of the opinion that the actual paint job is a good job - but I can see that the fit and finish of the bits that went back on over the paint is a bit ham shank...

...in other news - late night shopping on ebay strikes again (oh no!) - this time it was a Madonna bra extended nipple Marchal fog lamp that needs a fair amount of help

This will match the one that came with the car - it is in an equally dreadful state but they should look the part after a bit of cocking about.
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote