View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 11:21   #96
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocambique-amazone View Post
They did regrind the surface of the friction plate and not the surface where the pressure plate is mounted at the same way????

measure carefully, the datas you will find in the green book Army

Good luck, Kay
May be I should put up some pictures of what I found.

The clutch felt a little jerky when I was reversing the car - I havenīt driven it for more than 4 meters so far.

Because Iīm repairing the rust on the front end of the car I removed the engine to get better access and as it was out of the car it was a simple step to remove the gearbox.

The existing flywheel contact surface is a bit grooved and could do with a skim

The existing clutch friction material is thick

But the pressure plate side of the clutch is a bit messed up like the flywheel side. It looks like someone has just slammed in new parts between worn.

#####

I contacted a local machine shop for a quote and it turned out to be as much as a replacement flywheel from an online shop. So as is it cold I ordered the online solution!

(But then had to de-rust and paint)

A new clutch assembly has already been ordered from Sweden - hopefully thatīll be winging its way to Holland soon - the existing parts are not to be trusted. It will be a brand new / as good as new system by the end of this

After degreasing and painting the engine block I will most certainly be setting and checking the flywheel in accordance with the workshop manual.
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote