View Single Post
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 15:19   #600
Army
marches on his stomach

Default I always used to complain about "sparkies"...

...I didn't realise cutting wires to the right length and fitting connectors was so time intensive!

As I mentioned before I'm staying with the original style flat slide connectors because they will fit through 1961 holes whereas modern multiplugs do not.

I've got a load of clear plastic slide connectors for connecting one wire to one wire; one wire to two; and one wire to three.

I've resisted the urge to connect the main lump of wires running from the back and the front of the car directly to the fuse box and the relays. I'm not sure how the gucci gucci mini fuse and relay system is going to work out - so I want to be able to easily swap it out if necessary even though this means there's another break in the wiring (where potentially things might go wrong)

^^^Trying to think ahead - grouping wires into meaningful-ish groups and figuring out how long they need to be to fit nicely into the connector blocks^^^

I'm sure those who do it every day don't need the shrink wrapped labels but I'm flipping glad I made the effort to arrange them for myself

The group of connectors in the upper reaches of the passenger foot well =>

And fixed with plastic P clips to the inner side of the bulkhead =>

The group of connectors in the boot are also done =>

Each of these groups of connectors need to eventually be housed in some sort of junction box. Looking at the available junction boxes I'm rather under whealmed by the offerings - has anyone here seen a nice snazzy custom solution before? (I've imaged searched but find the same old boring stuff)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 doing the wiring1.JPG (134.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 doing the wiring2.JPG (126.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 doing the wiring3.JPG (164.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 doing the wiring4.JPG (119.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 doing the wiring5.JPG (153.3 KB, 40 views)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote