View Single Post
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 19:07   #8
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Default A definite theme here...

A definite theme here... seems it is not jsut me then. Mine uses mquite a lot of petrol, vastly more thatn it should. I have never let it run dry for fear of not being able to start it - I realise petrol is used to start and have rightly or wrongly assumed it would not start on gas. So feared not trying my luck.

I had thought there must be a petrol shut-off solenoid in there somewhere, but I CBA finding it when I can do a down & dirty fix far more cheaply... for the price of one fill up, and 2-3 hours fiddlin' I was going to take the feed for my new LPG solenoid form the existing tank solenoid so it fires jsut when required. You can get hem for £15-20 job done I thought.

I had not realised petrol is still needed once running and up to temp.

It seems it is more complex, my idea seemed tidy. Now I worry, what Pete_c20 says puts pay to that idea. Thanks, Pete, glad I didn't try it. Only I ask, WTF is going on? I'm a high mileage user and the petrol hurts when I should have no need (in my mind) of needing the stuff. More digging then?

For those of you unclear on thsi I confirm, the CNG & LPG models going into the distributor are identical, I think the ECM differs. It only pre distributor that the it all get very different, claerly the tanks etc, but anything you see as CNG you can consider relevant to you with LPG and vice-versa.

One thing to add to teh mix, my gas system is like new, yes the car has 110k on it, but has done next to no CNG miles, afterall where do you get CNG in the UK? So the problem I will assume is related to the petrol miles.

Anyone have good German? The erdgas forum has lots of CNG Bifuel blokes on there. Dutch guys too. Using Google tranlate I found out a fair bit, maybe I post this Q on there.
Attached Images
File Type: png CNG LPG shut.png (82.7 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jul 1st, 2013 at 19:22.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote