View Single Post
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 22:54   #37
ahal
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgardener9 View Post
I see we now have some plankton who have appeared and they have remarked that their volvo 440 has done 10000000 miles without costing anything and it does 800000 miles to the gallon. And it's faster than any other car ever made.

without any faults whatsoever .
Must've missed that post ...

Quote:
well if ever there was bullsh*t masquerading as truth there it is. These cars are shyte, ill conceived, built shyte, and totally trounced by anything made west of margate.
I've been drivng mine since February 2001, a few electrical gremlins (mainly alternator) but that's it really ...

Quote:
the gearboxes are cr*p the electronics are dire and the have more faults than Jordan.
Gearbox is fine on mine, gets a bit niggly on 2nd. now and then but after 160k. I'd forgive it that. If you really want electronic faults, try V.W. Jordan is without fault btw.

Quote:
I hope to buy a japanese car which will work have decent acceleration and actually go round corners without one weeks notice.
Better hope there's nothing coming the other way on your side. I somehow doubt any of the Japanese stuff would fare this well:
http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/comm...s/default.aspx