View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2017, 16:44   #4
Triple-S
How Old?

Billy - I drove my '68 column-change auto to my store on its last day of legality: it was condemned by the (only) previous owner due panel and sill rusting. Mechanically it was fine and the auto box is still in it, although some engine parts have been used on my 144.
An option for you would be to consider replacing your gearbox like-for-like. I hear you mutter one problem - how do you know how good or bad mine is internally; I reply find out the cost of having it refurbed (if necessary) prior to fitment to your car.
I can't drive my car anywhere now although it rolls. Also I'm not a qualified gearbox engineer so can't vouch for anything, plus am currently getting over an eye operation so can't drive or do much yet. The final hurdle as I know roughly where you live - my car store is about 2 miles inland from Bognor along the south coast. Check the distance for inspection on the 'net: you are quite welcome to, with prior agreement as I'd have to blag a lift there from my son right now.
If you know a trustworthy south-coast engineer who could be your eyes, we can do that. Give it some thought.

Paul
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Triple-S For This Useful Post: