View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 23:40   #9
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floodys View Post
Hi john, i havent been on here for ages but think the last time i was on i had been buying a new exhaust for my xc90 and you had helped about what/where to buy. anyhow, my 2003 D5 se 163bhp is on 180k now, still pulls the caravan ok, fairly tidy but starting to slowly shows its age, I'm at the point now where i can afford to upgrade and i would like a R design around 2010 but a bit of me stays i shouldn't as i know my current xc90 well (ive done the engine mounts/all the brakes/ABS rings/exhaust etc) its also got the screens in the back for the kids to watch when we go away so it ticks the right boxes and is still fairly nice to drive, ive had a few people mention to me at track days about how better the 163bhp is better than the 185bhp engine, I'm just thinking that bit of extra power may make towing the caravan a bit easier! i did/have considered "tarting" it up with the R design wheels but cant find any for love or money!
The 163 was the best engine, smooth, reliable, economical... but the least powerful and mated to the most primitive gearbox.

If you want to upgrade hold out for a 2012 MY onwards 200 BHP model.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote