View Single Post
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 13:35   #9
si_james

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
I was always told vibrations through the steering wheel points to an issue with the front wheels, I had vibration/wobble through the wheel caused by the allignment being out, does the car pull in any direction if you leave go of the steering wheel, an easy option (&free) would be to swap your front wheels and back wheels & if the vibration moves from the wheel to through the car you know its an issue with the front wheels, if not check the allignment.....

Also was there any unusual wear on the old tyres you took off??
Thanks for your help with this, to be honest I don't recall it pulling to the left but I will try this on way home tonight and let you know.
No the old tyres looked to have worn evenly before I had them changed, the place when where I had them refurbished have said they will rebalance front wheels again next Saturday so maybe see how I go with that and take it from there.
It does seem to be to be a wheel balance issue as this comes on about 55mph and between that and 65mph is when its most noticable, but can feel something through steering wheel above that speed aswell just not as bad.
From what you've said it sounds unlikely to be a suspension issue ie track rod ends etc and if it was surely i'd get problems at all speeds?, it was only serviced few weeks ago and nothing was reported on suspension.
I'm just concerned as its been balanced up on more than one occasion recently and even now after having them all refurbished, checked and balanced again still got same issue.