View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 15:25   #530
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
Looking good. Quieter inside than I expected and will be even better when trimmed. A plus IMO. Suspension a bit soft with a bit of roll but again good for fast touring. A few odd clangs from underneath? One when you put it into reverse? Of more concern is the rather flexi steering column mount which maybe more be more obvious on screen than when driving.
Good progress. Nice track. Blue skies..................
Derek.. I am also very impressed with the interior volumn and sound, because there isn't a stitch of carpet or interior panels other than the door panels, so it will only get better when I get the sound deadener on the roof skin and all the panels and carpet in the car.. During normal driving the exhaust isn't really noticeable from the interior unless you really throttle it up, but when you pull up somewhere it is easy to tell the car means business, and that is the way I like it.

If you watch the video just a bit, those loud noises are actually the front Jack Tabs catching the curb in the turns.. There was just a bit of rear tire rub during hard articulation, but there wasn't enough to dig in the tire at all, so I am not too worried about that at all. The reverse clang was a new driver putting the car in reverse while not clutching properly, so there isn't any issue there.

The steering column flex is a combination of the Tilt Column and Steering wheel itself, and eventhough the car looks soft in the pics, there was a lot of g's during the turns, and I can attest to that during the ride alongs because I couldn't keep myself planted in the bolstered seats.. LOL If you notice that we are rarily full throttling the car and the car is being lugged around at times rather than down shifting for rev's, and the car doesn't actually need to be shifted out of 3rd till 114mph, then that will give you a better idea of the forces going on. I will work on better camera positions, along with some equipment to focus on speed and G's, but this was really just a trial run.

The goal of this run was to take the car on the track in a Daily Driver setup to see what it was capable of with those settings, and then it is basically skies the limit from there, because it is just a matter for making necessary spring rate, shock setting, tires, brake bias, ect setting for a more dedicated track car.

Classic Auto Glass Innovations
Flush Mount Glass
Classicautoglassinnovations.com
Iamtheonlyreal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iamtheonlyreal1 For This Useful Post: