View Single Post
Old Dec 17th, 2019, 02:55   #6
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Perhaps the law has changed , worth checking it out ... as I said, a lot of new cars are like this now .

I have just done some searched on google and cannot find anything relating to the law and brightness of the reversing lights, plenty regarding, how many, what should work and since when, but nothing about lumens etc.

I do believe their primary role is to alert other users and from what i would class as common sense, any white light should not be so much as to dazzle or confuse other road users, i think this will be the reason for them not being so bright. Also i find nothing in the MOT standard referencing lumens (brightness), just that there must be at least one and where however many are fitted, should all be working.

Being able to see going backwards is a must in my book, even more so when you just come from a straight door to extra bulge lark, i never did like it when they added that, its even worse when trying to close quarter park in reverse