View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 11:19   #11
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMelon View Post
I would have thought ordering an SE Sport is better than ordering comfort from a handling point of view, so they did you a favour there. Your handling issues now are probably down to age/miles - Shocks get tired, springs sag, bushes wear down, it all contributes to a sloppier handling car which most of us probably have now.

Do you mean R-Design? When I think R I think a proper R, as in, 850R/S60R/V70R.

If it's R-design you mean, as far as I know, they didn't make any suspension changes from the earlier models, just gave the bumpers/lights/interior bit of a facelift (I could be wrong though!).

My car is SE SPORT in log book and has sideskirts/spoilers etc, but I doubt the "sport" has anything to do with actual suspension. My build plate clearly indicates that shocks are "COMFORT" type so I would guess springs and ARBs are matching the suspension type. To my understanding it was mix&match on original order so you can ask for SE SPORT trim package with COMFORT/SPORT/DYNAMIC suspension types or whatever names they were.
Age in my case has nothing to do with it - shocks and springs are all replaced within last 30k miles and while it obviously inproved the ride tromendously, its still not "as I would like it to be". But again - no actual complains, except for understeering a bit.

Yes, R-design I meant, but (unless I am mistaken) I thought all R-designs cars had "sport" suspension type as default. Maybe you could personalise them with differenr one, dunno, but for sure it felt stiffer and a bit "sportier" to drive.