View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 09:50   #20
domhart10
Volvo S40

Yeh I mean these cars are volvo's at the end of the day, they are motorway cruisers. My T5 had firmer OEM suspension then my previous S40 2.0D and it was still had a huge arch gap and rolled like anything. Even fitting lowering springs didnt stop that roll, it reduced it a touch. I upgraded the rear anti roll bar and still not that much different really and alot of what I thought was a gain was just in my mind.

Only real difference to make to the handling is putting on coilovers, and now the car has really been transformed and is defenitly engaging to drive.

Regardless of all the above the handling / grip of that front end has always been great. Where my previous cars had understeered the S40 so far for me has never understeered once yet and I do really push it (On track) ..... only thing to note is I very easily get lift of over steer (Actually quite fun though)

Will be following Yobo on the polybushes root, already have some of these on the rear now.

But if you are looking for handling, coilovers and wider tires will transform the car. Running PS4 all round and defenitly recommend. Great on motorway cruises and for country/track sprints

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to domhart10 For This Useful Post: