View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2018, 10:50   #75
MaDProFF
Master Member

I really cannot understand posts like the last one? I just get the impression most people do not understand anything about batteries, charging, and most of all driving a hybrid. For the most part People who buy cars do so with like a 3 year plan, a small minority buy with plans to keep for longer like 5 years etc.

The whole point of a hybrid, is to remove the worry about charging, charging a hybrid cost very little, generally done over night.

In Driving good battery management gives you up to 50% on battery regeneration, to save the battery when you need it most to get the best out of the MPG when need be.

Battery replacement costs will come down substantially over the next 10 years, also the ability to replace better, longer lasting, longer range, more power batteries into existing cars to improve range.

Charging, charging stations will be filled with older battery packs that are charged over night, when there is less demand and far cheaper.

The Average driver of a car would only require a few charges a week, in electric cars when the ranges are getting up to the 200 + mile range of a car, again this would be done at home over night etc.

I agree at present regarding most hybrids it is really all down to your style of driving, but when hybrids start to get a 50 Mile range plus, there will not be a problem.

All this is not going to happen over night, but I really do not see a problem in the future at all.

The only fly in the ointment is the government, where they will generate the missing billions they gain on fuel duty.

Last edited by MaDProFF; Dec 14th, 2018 at 11:25.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote