View Single Post
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 21:14   #12
milo80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhon72 View Post
My XC70 SE Lux came with 18" Pan alloys. Nice wheel but just a bit plain and common on the XC70.
I debated long and hard about changing to 19" that I even bought a set of Erakir rims from Germany.
They're a great looking wheel (if you ignore the buttplug comments) but in the end I struggled with finding a set of suitable all-season tyres and sold them on.
I bought a set of grey diamond cut 18" Ledas instead and kept the original tyre size which refreshed the look of the car.

In terms of ride there's a 5% reduction in the tyre height on the recommended 235 width tyre which is about 12mm which would give a marginally firmer ride but I have been told but with the XC70 it's not really noticeable.
If you are still interested in the Erakirs there are a set of Silver Dark Chrome ones on Ebay that have been on sale for a few months now at £450. Maybe have a chat with the seller?
Thanks for the heads up pal.
Really appreciate that.
I might be able to talk him into posting to Ireland. Not sure what the carriage would be or if it's even at all possible. But there's no harm in trying o suppose.

Regards.

Mike.
milo80 is offline   Reply With Quote