View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2018, 16:17   #3
Kerb Scraper

Smile

Thanks Yobbo,

It's reassuring to know that it is not a common problem on the T5. Just had a look in the online version of the owner's manual and 'reduced engine performance' isn't even listed as a possible message (could be specific to the T5?).

Agree about the hilarious combination of nervous driver and T5! It makes me smile every time I think about it still. The back story is that we viewed a couple of tired old boggers C30s that the local Volvo franchise were trying to sell her for about £23k. I looked on AT and found the only T5 for sale in the country; 18 months old, low miles, one lady owner, immaculate and every option all for £18k so it was a no brainer. Made the mistake of mentioning it to the Volvo dealer and they only tried to buy it before I got there!! What a dirty trick.

Anyway - I digress. In fact my sister has no difficulty in pootling around in the T5 and finds the extra oomph reassuring on the motorway. It's a testament to the design that the power delivery is so smooth and controllable. It does worry me a bit when she says 'sometimes I have to do 90 to keep up with the traffic on the M40'.

I'll update this thread with any developments.

Last edited by Kerb Scraper; Jan 16th, 2018 at 16:18. Reason: spelling
Kerb Scraper is offline   Reply With Quote