Thread: 240 General: - 40th Birthday present
View Single Post
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 11:23   #19
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

These sort of discussions & advice particularly relating to values remind me of the time when I purchased my first car- a 1954 Riley RME (I still own the car and it is still on the road) back in approx. 1972. No one really wanted them except the enthusiasts with vision- most older cars such as Morris Minors where ten a penny as with a lot of other similar cars.
The 240 has now become a car that is in demand by the enthusiast – they are exceptional for a number of reasons but for me it’s not the investment factors but the fact that the engineering is fairly basic and well within the capabilities of the home mechanic- some models easier that others I suppose but all will give a unique style & experience.
These cars are certainly moving in price-I’ve seen that in the last 2/3 years of ownership a state of flux exists with prices today and they will only get richer as time progresses.
Some sound advice is being given so I won’t cover it again- just buy the best that you can.
What a nice 40th Birthday Present!
My car? A 1988 240 GL 2.0L with a full/total history- low ownership & a very young 85,000 miles from new. As with the Riley it is now part of the family.
Good Luck with the search
Regards Bob,
Bob Meadows is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Meadows For This Useful Post: