View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 20:37   #160
brotherharry

Sorry Dom, for ridiculously delayed response it's been a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
AH nice update on an old project! for some reason, your photo isnt showing of the car, be nice to see how it is now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
On another note, have you sold off your PB brakes?! am looking for a big brake it badly. What sort ofr LSD are you looking for? im on that page as well and stuck between a gripper or a Quaiffe but really have no idea which one to go for yet.
I did sell the PB kit in the end in favour of much lighter (and cheaper) Focus ST320mm discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads. Wasn't tracking her, so in realistic road driving wouldn't ever get near operatating temps for a big brake kit to make sense.

I went for the Quaife diff in the end and it made a massive difference to grip and cornering. Single most impactful thing I did to the car to get traction back and I'd thoroughly recommend it.

I did a few more bits adding a blow off value for the giggles and finished Powerflex bushing everything that could be bushed. I also experimented with lifting the ride height a touch to get a bit more pliance back in. Sadly, with one thing and another I never got round to any interior mods and the time has come to pass her on to a new owner so she's on the market in the usual places.
brotherharry is offline   Reply With Quote