Thread: Help!?
View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 22:33   #23
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B10B View Post
Yes it's quite funny, more so when you consider the EZK reverts to the map at WOT negating any bridging of the pins anyway!

I know this as I tried retarding 3 degs to cure some knock only to find it didn't,
Once I got the chippable EZK and made a map using the 148 bin reducing it by the same 3 degs problem solved.
I assume it reverts to the standard map to protect the engine under WOT then? There is another way round it on n/asp cars and that's disconnect the WOT connection at the TPS, i guess on turbo'd cars that facility isn't available.

The reason i'm after 3 deg advance is also the reason why the WOT reversion won't matter too much, firstly i always run Super Unleaded and secondly (the main reason) i'm converting to LPG so the extra 3 deg will improve the economy and make it a bit livelier too.
The general plan is a DPST relay to link pins 18 & 19 to 0V when the LPG is on, that way i can use one pole of the relay contacts per pin so they are only linked when the relay is operational.

Meanwhile i'll see if adding the 3 deg advance improves the economy.

It's a lot easier on my other beast, the engine management is designed to automatically advance the timing until it detects knock then retards it slightly so it's always running at optimum advance.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: