Thread: B+E Licence
View Single Post
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 22:15   #8
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterb View Post
Thank you for your replies.

Remember if you are going to take the test make sure you get some professional advice. It is a mini Artic test and will take place at an LGV Test Centre (probably Bishopbriggs if Helensburgh is home) and includes reversing the trailer through a specific course and dropping and uplifting the trailer. If Bishopbriggs then the test will take place through Glasgow and will last for a minimum of one hours driving time.There are also certain specifications that the car and trailer have to reach. Be advised.

My cars mam is 2200kg and the caravans mam is 1200kg so still slightly under 3500kg.
The maximum allowed to tow with that car is 3900kg.

My god after reading all on the internet will be an expert lol.

I will def right down al weights and keep them in the car then at least I always have them with me. I have a volvo v70.

I have had experience of towing horses about but a few years ago and no one knew of this legislation. Very scary really. There must be a massive amount of people driving around that are well over the weight ratios. I will do the test but will need to save up. I am confident I would pass. At least for now I know that even at the cars fully laden weight and the caravans fully laden weight (which I should never get to, especially with the car), I am still under 3500kg.

Thank you again.
Remember if you are going to take the test make sure you get some professional advice. It is a mini Artic test and will take place at an LGV Test Centre (probably Bishopbriggs if Helensburgh is home) and includes reversing the trailer through a specific course and dropping and uplifting the trailer. If Bishopbriggs then the test will take place through Glasgow and will last for a minimum of one hours driving time.There are also certain specifications that the car and trailer have to reach. Be advised.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote