View Single Post
Old Aug 6th, 2018, 19:06   #11
TomSaintJames

I have been thinking of binning the coil overs, the ride isn't harsh, but every undulation makes you bounce around like a hillbilly in a leaf-sprung pickup, especially with the seats being so nicely sprung. They're new, so should hopefully offset the cost of putting new OEM suspension back on.

I changed the diff oil at the weekend, the old stuff was quite black and gacky, so a worthwhile job anyway - the back end might be a bit quieter but could be wishful thinking. I had suspicions of prop bearings etc causing the noise, as it's been lowered so glad in a way that it might be that rather than a cooked diff!

Does the AW70 not have a sump drain plug then? Seems a bit daft if not. It's nice and smooth mostly, only slightly harsh when kicking-down 2 gears or changing up at high revs full loud pedal. Given the slightly neglected state of the rest of the car, it's a worthwhile check anyway.

The stalling problem seems intermittent, when unused for a couple of days it does it, but if left for just 1 day - it's fine.

Next couple of things I've noticed:

-The drivers seat wobbles and has failed an MOT in the last year or two "Drivers seat cannot be secured in the upright position" which is slightly unnerving, apart from a slight bit of front to back movement it seems secure now though.

-The engine makes an odd clicking noise, i've never heard pinking in the flesh, but the cambelt has been done in the last 200 miles so i'll be checking the timing, as well as all the ignition components.

It really needs a music playing device and some speakers, even though the engine makes a satisfying whooshing roar, quite unlike any other car I've owned. That's all for now!
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote