View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2018, 10:04   #15
TomSaintJames

I do have a Haynes, but it's in the car down the road! Quite definitely a live axle then going by those pictures.

I wanted to use EP 75W90 GL5 fully synthetic, but ended up getting EP 80W90 GL5 semi-synthetic as that's the closest my local motor factors had last Saturday morning, and as I was worried about the noise I wanted it done rather than order online and wait.

Not dream home, we've gone for something cheap-ish with a big garden in a village, will be great to get out of town. We're currently in a new housing estate and whilst the house is nice and everything has a warranty, there is very limited parking and far too many neighbours in close proximity for my liking! We're lucky enough to be able to keep the current house and rent it out, plan is to keep it as a pension income, although i'm 28 so that's a fair way in the future!

It is a B200E, is that a good thing? I had a look on the engine plate as I was curious to know which engine it was. The very handy pdf on here puts it at 121bhp with peak torque at 4800rpm! Not very useful.

I'll need a battery retaining plate etc at some point then. It's secure enouigh for now, but goodness knows how it passed an MOT with it strapped on like this, surely it can't be safe in the eyes of an MOT man.

I'll investigate the echaust manifold, luckily it's quite accessible on this car. The rest of the exhaust system is dubious anyway, and the extension that is used for the extended body is blowing, and maybe the pipes either side of it too (front silencer and middle).

Thanks Dave for all your advice
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote