View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 01:09   #23
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigapumbu View Post
I second that! I had the car on the marham day on the straight and a Evo was along side. I floored it as the Evo was trying to pull along the side and initially both cars were even but as the speed was into the 3-digits the T4 began to pull away thus leaving the evo. I was truly impressed... more so when we realised the ecu was holding back somewhere. I am not technical so only pyaap will be able to explain what it was all about.

cheers
Yes, that was a good fun day out. What I hadn`t realised is from messing about with the car the during the week before, the ECU had logged a DTC which was making the car run rich, thereby killing power. When I "read" and cleared the ECU after the run with the EVO, there was a noticeable difference and the car accelerated much harder at higher revs.

At the last Marham meet, Smartbomb drove the car and had a run in with a highly modified EVO 6/7 and left it too and the rest of the day was spent getting really dirty looks from the driver......it was so funny! I can`t wait for the next Marham meet!!

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote