View Single Post
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 22:14   #5
pupley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeandkira View Post
I'd love to see a picture of one.
Maybe several pictures- disassembly, cleaning and trim pot adjusting.
To be honest I didn't think to document as I was only using my auto experience and following pointers from various pics and comments mostly on here about the SAS and also some vids on the tube. Next time I get one in i'll try to document. I can say the clock spring element does not need to be touched. Just separated by removing three screws but keep position.

A certain level of competence and know how is required as you can easily brick it or blow something on the vehicle, or even worse jeopardize air bag functionality. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to accidentally deploy an airbag by incorrectly following instructions. I'd go so far as to say in the politest and most considerate way, if one cant find out the info how to do it themselves, they shouldn't consider to attempt it. I wouldn't want someone to say they were following instructions after they blow the airbag causing injury by doing something incorrectly. There's a way to handle these things through at the very least some attention and competence, or prof' experience in the trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
thanks for offering this kind of service more people like you are needed to help others keep the older cars on the road
Thank you. I have an unexpected attachment to my Volvo and we all know some parts can come close to outweighing the vehicle value. I look forward to the day I upgrade to a P3 V70.

I'm also considering looking at the ABS units that fail as I have reflow equipment as well as the means to carefully open the sealed units even though i've not had it fail on my vehicle. I'd consider to look at a known failed unit for science if someone with the issue!
pupley is offline   Reply With Quote