View Single Post
Old Feb 11th, 2021, 13:40   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
As I said, I don't think that the interference here is of any consequence and is easily fixed. Not like some repro panels that have to get lots of fettling before they can be fitted to the car. These tubular exhausts are built on a jig and this one likely to match with the earlier Volvo alloy inlet manifold. After a while jigs often get a bit "loose". Volvo themselves sold an alloy inlet like this one for a downdraught Solex/Weber in one of their R-Sport range of tuning kits. Rarely seen though.
That wasn't quite what i was getting at - rather than buying the bits ready made, have them made so they definitely fit, more for someone else contemplating a similar conversion.

Volvo did a tuning kit for the 740 which had bigger valves, higher compression and a VX cam couple with a 4-2-1 manifold and 60mm exhaust system - can't remember if there was an uprated FPR included or not but it boosted power from IIRC 112bhp to 136bhp on the B230F engine.

Bigger gains are likely to be had on the older B18/20 Amazon engines as they're not so constricted by emissions control kit.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote