View Single Post
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 18:22   #9
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherv60 View Post
Hi All,

On my regular route home, there is a moderately sharpe bend on the A516/A38 junction, Previously the car would go around the corner at the set speed and only slow if a vehicle was travelling in front, however tonight with no traffic about the car braked significantly into the corner without intervention - is this new? or should it always have done this (it had a software update yesterday)? Anyone else experienced this? I thought Pilot assist only varied speed for vehicles not road conditions and bends.
Unless of course they have changed the road furniture and the car now picks up this and slows as it can now see it? Or perhaps the trees being in leaf affects it?

In a similar vein mine brakes (and always has done) when coming back from lane 3 to lane 2 when it sees the big truck in lane 1 which my angle suggests I am heading for....

How does the car handle that silly new roundabout on the otherwise excellent grade separated bit of the A516 (the one built by the house builder)? When it opened it made all sorts of news as cars were just launching over the top of it.....
- MY17 V60 T4 Power Blue.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post: