View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 13:46   #12
stuartvolvo
Trader

Default disabled

I am afraid I have to agree, that the way genuine disabled badge holders are being treated is a disgrace. I have to side with mike 700, as I was visiting hospital, for x-rays, ultrasounds and mri scans recently. After about the 7th lap of the parking lot, waiting for a disabled parking space, I came across somebody starting to reverse out the said space. So therefor I pull over to the side leaving plenty of space for the person to reverse out of, while indicating to enter the space. As soon as the person pulls away, and I start moving forward and turning into the space, a car passes me on the out side and straight into the space, almost taking out my front drivers side corner of my bumper. Obviously I stopped, and explained that I was waiting to enter the space, and that I was also indicating for the space. Unfortunately all I received was a pile of bad language, and told to f off. I did make a complaint in at the hospital, but unfortunately I do not think anything was done about it.

Mike 700, I have taken noted of your suggestions, and I will look into it. The same applied to anyone. If there is anybody that can think of something that they may like to see, please drop me a pm, and I will gladly look into it.

I am also on contact with CT Network on the forum at the moment, and hopefully we will see the first few sticky posts just shortly, with some helpful information.

Lyron, from what I have found out, yes we continue to do what we do online as far as renewing our tax discs. The only difference will be that we will not receive a paper tax disc. As I am sure you are aware, our information is held online anyway, so as soon as we have reapplied for our tax disc and then receive confirmation, we are then legal. For those of us who may have the paper tax disc when the new rules come into play, you can continue to display the tax disc until you renew the following year, or you can take the tax disc off of your windscreen, as your information will be held online anyway, but only after the new rules come into affect.

Regards

Stuart Rintoul

Volvo V70 T5 Estate - Strut Brace, Pollen Filter, Polly Mounts, Tinted Windows, Upgraded Discs, 17in Wheels, Stainless exhaust, Overhaulled turbo & wast gate, ecu remap, k&n filter, white injectors = 380+ bhp.
stuartvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stuartvolvo For This Useful Post: