View Single Post
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 22:01   #19
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post

My mate & his health visitor wife used the son's badge every day of the week, and I can tell you tales of others I knew, indeed still know- so people, quite a lot of people cheat, I'm sorry to say.
I agree Mike, and I say again, misuse is not in question. It is wrong. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post
...if one or the other can trot off to the shops & back, without it appearing to adversely affect them, you have to question the need for a badge.
The keyword (and used by you) which I am on about is 'appearing'.

I know people, and have known people who are and have been in severe excruciating pain through disability (disability that cannot really be seen) and after a short 'trot into and around the shops' are physically and mentally exhausted.

A person does not necessarily exhibit outward signs when having even a physical disability, simply suffering in silence and coping with the pain that condition provides, and it is wrong and unfair for others to pass judgement as 'casual observers'.

Ok rather than use asthma as an example with which you say you do not agree,I present you with conditions such as myasthenia gravis (generalised) or another condition that may come under the umbrella of dysesthesia. MG for example may be in remission for the sufferer thus allowing easier and better movement.

There is I am afraid a misguided and wrong view that exists that to be disabled you have to be a wheelchair user, and disabled people that do not use wheelchairs, are unfortunately abused/critcisied as 'not being disabled enough' etc because of this.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post: