Thread: Engine: 140 1986cc B20A: - Rough Idle solution?
View Single Post
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 18:59   #26
bdhurley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdekin View Post
What did the car run like before you did the carb? What needle are you running? I replaced just the needle first off and the idle was horrible. I then fitted a adjustable jet kit so I could adjust mixture at idle, made the world of difference.

When you say you block the hose from the filler cap, did you also block the manifold nipple?

Maybe a couple of pics of your setup might help.

It ran horrible for a number of reasons when I got it. The engine and trans mounts were completely gone, the break booster was whistling and sucking in air. The carb throttle shaft was worn flopping around and a carb and dripping petrol from the cold start. I used a B1CC (for 3573 carb) needle from Burlen and their rebuild kit. I fixed the cold start (choke) leak by polishing the disk surfaces and putting a small ‘o’-ring on the inside of the shaft as there was nothing in the rebuild kit for it.

By blocking the hose, I mean pulling it off the fill cap and plugging the end with my finger. There are no vac leaks on the hose or at the manifold nipple.

A smaller orifice in the breather nipple on the manifold might help, looks to be about 3mm or 4mm... maybe make a little disk with a 2mm hole and place is inside.
bdhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bdhurley For This Useful Post: