Thread: AWD Transmission: - Anti skid message
View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 07:56   #16
tonygreen1966

I had a faulty DEM and I'm sure it triggered the ABS warning light. There is no DEM warning light on the dashboard so this would make sense to initially warn drivers of a problem. Maybe someone else can confirm this.
I also see you do not have any ABS warning codes from the snapon scantool - this may also support my DEM theory.
My failed DEM through up all sort of communication issues with other modules that the DEM speaks to - I'm sure the DEM will speak to the steering angle sensors inorder to control DSTC (Dynamic Stability & Traction Control).
At the end of the day best to buy Vida Dice as it will save you loads in the long run- cheshired5 - a forum member does a good deal on this and is extremely helpful. Or you can pay Volvo/Indie to scan it with Vida Dice for £50/100.
In the meantime I think there is a way to use the oddometer button to get more detailed fault codes- does any member have a 'how to' on this?
If it is the DEM that is your problem or one of your problems, Lucaz(another forum member) has a company that repairs DEMs for £140 with a lifetime warranty. see https://volvodiagnostic.com/

Last edited by tonygreen1966; Jan 20th, 2022 at 07:58.
tonygreen1966 is offline   Reply With Quote