View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 16:16   #13
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter22 View Post
Odd that there isn't a clear cut answer to what the difference is between a D and a D5. .
Power output.

A 2.4D is still a 5 cylinder diesel, but it has less power than the ones with the “D5” badge. It was Volvo’s way, at the time, of defining the lowest bhp variant in models of vehicles. The V70 & S80 for example had 2.4D models.

I haven’t seen a 2.4D XC90 though, so I don’t think the above regarding the power output applies. It could be just mistakes in adverts. Every XC90 of the era you’re looking at that’s a diesel (obviously) had a “D5” badge on the back, not “2.4D” like other models did.

As mentioned in another post, do your research properly before buying one of these. There’s a big difference between a Toyota & a prestige SUV… Two different vehicles, two different brands, different price ranges, parts prices etc. I’m not a fan of buying vehicles without looking at them, but each to their own. I wouldn’t do that with any car to be honest, even if it was a brand spanking new Rolls Royce. That’s how you get stung, but you’ve been lucky I guess.

Last edited by Kev0607; Jan 20th, 2022 at 16:29.
Kev0607 is online now   Reply With Quote